In compliance with Supreme Court rulings and Rule of Judicial Administration 2.516 requiring mandatory electronic service of court documents beginning October 1, 2013, the State Attorney has set up a primary email address for service of court documents in each county as listed below. This is a temporary measure pending implementation of the Document Exchange Portal for the State Attorney’s Office, 20th Judicial Circuit described below.
Per the ruling, the following is required:
- Subject line must be: SERVICE OF COURT DOCUMENTS followed by the Uniform Case Number (UCN) OR the Clerk’s case number and county.
- The body of the email must contain
- The court in which the matter is pending;
- The case number;
- The name of the parties (State v. Defendant);
- Title(s) of each document served in the email;
- The name of the sender;
- The telephone number of the sender.
- Email attachments may not exceed 5 MB. Emails greater than 5 MB must be broken down and sequentially numbered.
- Documents must be PDF format.
- A document may be served by email prior to filing with the court, but it must be filed with the court immediately thereafter.
- A document is served when sent.
- Notice of E-Mail Address Designation may be submitted to our offices or served to the corresponding email addresses indicated above. If an email address is not designated, documents may be served at the email address on record with The Florida Bar.
All Counties eService Address:
Provision of Discovery to Defense:
All discovery will be provided via our agency’s Discovery Exchange Portal (DEP). For more information, please read this memo regarding use of DEP.